Taking Good Care of Yourself
Whilst pupils are provided with support throughout their time at Maidstone and Malling Alternative Provision, Kent County Council have provided advice on ways of managing your time and stress levels. Alongside this, we have collated some helpful apps which will advise and help you to look after your health and your well-being. Whatever works for you – some of you may have your own routines or apps you have on your phone.
Useful Strategies to Relax
- Listening to/Singing along with music.
- Watching a good film and laughing.
- Keeping a diary.
- Playing games.
- Eating healthily and exercise outdoors where possible.
- Mindfulness breathing every day for 10 minutes: "Breathe in for 7 seconds and out for 11 seconds".
- Gym work out.
- Yoga exercises.
- Follow an online guide to meditation to help relax.
- Study hard, help others and rest.
Useful Websites with Resources and Apps to Download
- Recolour (colouring in)
- Thought Diary
- Positive Thinking apps
- Smiling Minds
- Young Minds
See below a list of contacts to try apart from emailing teachers/support staff or the helpline.
Beat eating disorders: 08088010711
Childline: 0800 1111
Citizens Advice Bureau 01634 888182
Cruse Bereavement (RD4U) 01622 671011
MIND (Mental wellbeing charity) 0845 7660163
Kidscape (Personal Safety) 020 7730 3300
Young Carers 01634 577340
Young Minds 08088025544