Believe, Achieve, Exceed
We are driven by an unshakeable belief in the potential of young people. Working in collaboration with families and agencies, our commitment to nurturing and engaging young people in a safe and supportive learning environment is unwavering. Offering a holistic approach, we aim to empower young people to overcome barriers, build resilience and acquire the knowledge and skills to become valued and effective members of society. We inspire and motivate our pupils to thrive with a culture of respect, dignity and celebration, where everyone feels equal and valued.
- To offer a robust and personalised learning experience that is high quality and engaging
- To meet pupils’ individual needs to provide them with the skills and qualifications to secure a solid foundation for the future
- To have high expectations of our pupils in all aspects of their lives
- To support pupils with their emotional and social wellbeing, equipping them with effective coping strategies
- To remove all barriers to learning and treat all pupils and families with empathy and respect.
We will accomplish this by:
- Providing an engaging and broad curriculum that is enhanced by creative teaching and learning
- A range of qualifications tailored to suit the needs of all pupils which will enable them to secure a clear progression route
- Acknowledging that each day is a fresh start and working with pupils to build resilience
- A highly experienced and dedicated pastoral team with expertise in mental health and wellbeing with links to external agencies
- Working alongside families to support our pupils to overcome challenges.
At the Maidstone & Malling Alternative Provision, we recognise that pupils who attend the school can have a wide range of emotional, social and educational needs which can impact negatively upon progress, but we are determined to offer support and encouragement to help remove any barriers to learning and ensure that all have the most inclusive education that we are able to provide.
The Maidstone & Malling Alternative Provision’s curriculum has been designed to offer the highest quality provision, which is enriched with a wide range of activities and opportunities for pupils to expand their cultural capital, prepare them for adulthood and gain a wide range of GCSEs or equivalent qualifications, which will support them to secure a solid progression route and future career pathway.
The delivery of the curriculum is flexible and this enables us to provide an individualised programme of education tailored to meet the needs of each pupil. The aim is to stretch and challenge each pupil to reach the highest standards in everything they do and provide them with a sense of achievement and encouragement to exceed their potential.
Through the enrichment activities provided to support core subjects, we aim to enhance the learning of each pupil, provide re-engagement and bring enthusiasm and excitement back into learning.
With all of this in mind, it is vital that all referring schools support the curriculum offer and wherever possible, work with us to ensure smooth reintegration and transition.
Key Stage 3
Our Key Stage 3 provision provides short term therapeutic respite over a period of 12 weeks, with supported re-integration back into mainstream education. The focus for this programme is a therapeutic intervention, removal of barriers and the identification of support strategies that will assist the pupil in continuing their education within a mainstream setting. Whilst we continue to deliver core subjects like Maths, English and Science, the main focus is mental wellbeing, developing resilience and concentrating on their personal development.
Key Stage 4
Pupils who are referred to the Maidstone & Malling Alternative Provision have often had significantly disrupted learning, but are not considered less academically able. We provide a fresh start in a smaller provision and our intentions focus strongly on;
- Improving Attendance
- Progress from baseline
- Attainment in English and Maths
- Identifying and securing a strong progression route Post 16, ensuring that pupils remain in employment, education or training.
The curriculum offers GCSE qualifications in English Literature and Language, Maths, Art and Citizenship Studies, with BTEC Level 2 in Construction and the Built Environment and Sport. To enhance this further, we have added Finance at Level 1 and 2 and Laser qualifications.